Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hi Mom?

It's the last two weeks of school and as I've mentioned before, there is a mountain of school work to do. Most of us can't wait until the 23rd when we can breathe a sigh of relief, let off some steam and for the most part, enjoy a few days off before starting our internships. Me, on the other hand, am dreading the 23rd like there's no tomorrow. And no, it has nothing to do with school. The 23rd is when my in-laws arrive from Sweden.

You're probably thinking, "What's the big deal?" In-laws visit all the time - they are a fact of life. Well, they haven't been for me until now.

You see, I've never met my in-laws before. My boyfriend moved to Canada from Sweden to live with me two years ago and this is the first time they've come to visit. And I'm simply terrified. The thought of meeting his mother actually makes me nauseous.


But why should I be so nervous? As a student of communications I should know how to present myself, shouldn't I? I should know how to make a good impression, right? True. But putting that into practice with someone who I imagine to be the scariest women on Earth is a whole new story. There is so much pressure on me to impress. My boyfriend and I will eventually get married, so I'm not going away anytime soon and I've stolen her only son away from Sweden. There's a lot against me. The only thing I have is my blonde hair and my good manners!


Why is meeting the in-laws is so scary? Stay posted to find out how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment